Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 polaris xcr and noticed the head & tailights were not working when I got it last year. This fall I replaced burnt bulbs and the regulator when I took it out for the season & it has worked fine till today when I noticed my dash & tail lights were out. Sure enough I found more burnt bulbs Ialso noticed my hand warmers really get hot even on low setting. Is it possible that the charge coil could be over powering these circuits or did I just get a crappy quality voltage regulator, I got the new regulator from Royal Distributing so not sure how good they are. Also does anybody know if the handwarmers are powered from the lighting coil cause as far as I knew the regulator only controls the voltage for the lights. My wife has a94 xlt and the handwarmers dont seem to get as warm on that sled. Any tips from other Polaris owners or sled heads out there is really appreciated! By the way the handwarmers on this sled always seem to get hotter than on several of the other sleds Ive owned is that normal for Polaris, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
17,003 Posts
After-market regulators are notorious for failing early and often. Try a Polaris one, it should last a bit longer. The lighting coil handles all the electrical needs for the sled except the engine power.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts