Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...thanks for your help in the past ! Here is my story and hopefully someone can shed some light on this.
I purchased a 1993 Skidoo Safari Deluxe sled for my son and we have been working on some issues it has...seems we have figured everything out but this one...when reving up the sled it blows bulbs...the bulbs get brighter and brighter the faster the engine turns over and then they blow. We replaced the voltage regulator and the problem is the same...now after looking more into the sled is it possible they converted it from Electric to Manual start (I see a couple wires that are not attached to anything under the exhaust Manifold)? If so could this be a problem with the voltage regulator not working right ? Or is it possible I just got a bad used regulator ? We would love to be able to take the sled on the trails at night but this problem is driving us nuts lol
Anyway any suggestions would be great!
Thanks in Advance!
Glenn

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks...just wanted someones opinion before I shell out more cash for another regulator...thought maybe it had something to do with the sled being switched from electric start to manual :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts