Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 95 MX 470 and I was wondering if there are any electric start kits available. As an aside, where can I get more info on my sled? If anyone owns one of these, what's your experience been? I appreciate any helpful input!!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
as far as the electric start is concerned try a snowmobile junk yard alssnowmobile.com should be able to help. as far as the 470 rotax, simply bullet proof,until recentil i had an '89 and the damn thing refused to die, which made it difficult to justify to the wife my need for a new sled, but either way you will not have a problem with that motor if you keep oil in it, which was my last resort if i was unable to sweet talk my secretary of fiance into letting me get a newer one

good luck!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much for your input. So, you think that I should be able to find an electric start unit and rig it up?

That's good to hear about the bombardier 470. I bought it from a mechanic, and he also said it was bulletproof -- but he was trying to sell it to me.

Hey, what do you know about the cooling system. It is liquid cooled, and from what I understand, the snow gets kicked up onto the heat exchanger, and that is how the engine is cooled. Am I at risk for overheating in a liquid cooled as opposed to a fan cooled? How much snow is the minimum for useage, or how soft does it have to be? Thanks a million!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE A PROBLEM KEEPING IT COOL YOU DID NOT MENTION IF IT HAD A TEMP GUAGE, MINE DID AND IT STAYED RIGHT 100 DEGREES, HOWEVER THAT WAS CELSEOUS WHEN WE TOOK OUR LAST RIDE LAST YEAR WAS LOW SNOW CONDITIONS IT STAYED COOL WHILE MY FREINDS CAT AND POLARIS OVER HEATED. LOOK UP UNDER YOUR TUNNEL, IT'S ALL HEAT EXCHANGER

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks again. it does not have a temp guage as far as i remember -- I'm out of state right now. it just has a light that comes on when it gets too hot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts