Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of ordering an Electric shield kit together with my helmet. Seems like a cool extra to have. Perhaps not Necessary but i believe that if i have the money to get it, i may as well for added comfort. Anyhow, I was trying to find out how to connect it and think i may have but i want to be 100% sure. I read up that (at least in the past), there is a plug near the steering column that will connect directly to it. Is that plug present in all Arctic cat snowmobiles or just select ones? Also wouldnt the wire get in the way of the handle bar? I figure that having the wire there could cause A LOT of problems.. Perhaps get caught up in the handlebar and limit handling (if its tied up and you have to make a left turn youll be pulling on your head if its too short) which is a worst case scenario, especially when on a trail surrounded by trees and stuff. Or maybe if you fall off your sled, for example, is the plug really tight to the point where it would rip the wiring, or is it set up so that if pulled on a bit it will disconnect? Would suck to lose a 70$ shield every time you skrew up a jump. Now obviously im not planning on jumping off my sled, but, S**t happens (hopefully not too often). I read up that there is a way to run the plug through the dash to make it more accessible.. Is that easy to do? I would assume that requires you to drill/cut through the dash and run the wire through but how hard is that (you go in too deep and you might- well, probably will- damage something, and, it may be a pain to get the wire to and through the dash..)

Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
My kit (for a 95 ZR700 and crosstec helmet) hooked up with no problems. The wire is flexible and will pull out if need be, it should not break anything. And no it does not get in the way. It is well worth the extra cost!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I do believe all AC models have it. You may have to remove the plastic cover at the base of the handlebars to get access to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts