Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to know How sparkthing funktions on a yamaha v-max -97 500. When i measure the rpm on the cylinders, one is steady at 1800 rpm and the other one jumps between 600-1000 rpm. Is it supposed to bee like that? any ideas? I have changed the ignition coil, So what can it bee?

(If you think my language is weird, its because im finnish)

What is a induction tach? Could you explain it in some way? What it does. I dont know its meaning in english.
The problem starts when the engine gets warm. The engine pressure is about 7 bar (cold engine) and about 6,5 bar (varm engine). I know its low. Could only a half bar make such a differense?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is a induction tach? Could you explain it in some way? What it does. I dont know its meaning in english.
The problem starts when the engine gets warm. The engine pressure is about 7 bar (cold engine) and about 6,5 bar (varm engine). I know its low. Could only a half bar make such a differense?

·
Registered
81 Posts
An induction tach senses the pulses from the coil to know when the engine is firing. It's a way of measuring RPM without physically connecting the wires.

How are you measureing the rotation speed of the cylinders? When you changed the ignition coil, did you put new spark plug wires and boots in too?

I tried translating this to Finnish, though there may be some english terms/words mixed in and the grammar is probably way off....I used an online translator

By induktio tach viisi aistia palkohedelmät polveutua coil jotta osata jahka kone on ampuva. It's elämäntapa -lta mittaileva RPM ilman fyysinen asiakaspiiri metallilanka.

Kuinka aari te mittaileva kierros ajonopeus -lta lieriö? Jahka te heilahdus syttyminen coil , valmis te arvioida veres kipinä ampua metallilanka ja etu kotona kanssa?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
By the way, im a swedish speaking finn. I understood what you mean with the induction tach. Alldough the english version was much easier to understand. :).

Yes i changed the cables and the boots, so the shouldnt bee any error there.

I measured the rpms with a rpm meter. it works by aiming a signalbeam on the cables that comes out from the ignitioncoil.

So you mean that i can measure the rpm with an induction tach? or is it something that is placed on the snowmobile?

The cylinderpressure was very low too, so this week im changing the pistonrings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts