Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a 299cc elan 72, i changed the coil because the sprark was intermitent and cause the sled to dont stay runing, afer i put the new coil and all in place the spark was good and the sled fired the first crank but only for about five second and the 2nd try the same thing and after nothing, no more fire, so i removed the coil to chek it but i found nothing so i replace it, i cheked the spark, nothing, after a couple of try i see good spark for about 3 crank and afer nothing. I cant find what is the problem :confused:

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your reply, i will chek the condenser, is it someting i could do to test the condenser and the point what should i check for cause it look new to me.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, now i have spark, the sled fired 3 time but only for about 5 min and now i cant start iti think tis is a carb issue but how can i know if its realy that?

·
Registered
27 Posts
still have spark after it shut down in 5 min? sometimes condensers will work fine when cold, but once warmed up they will quit. cheap fix. hows the plug look? old tillotson carbs are pretty easy to rebuild, just make sure to put it together the same way you took it apart. carb kits for these are inexpensive.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the guys who have the sled before me put a new carb kit in it about 3 month ago and yes it still have spark, it seem to be a fuel delivery problem to me but i put a bit of gaz in the carb when it stall but that dont work, i can crank it 30min and the plug dont get fouled

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think its realy the condencer cause when it stayed running for 5 min it was -10 outside and now its -25 and it stayed 10 min running

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
now the sled run great but i ear a knocking noise from the engine, it sound to be in the crankcase, i ear only the sound at VERRY low rpm like when i start it but when it rev i dont ear it i tchek my conecting rod by the carbutator hole and i can only move it from right to left and i dont tink it supose to move at all so maybe its that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts