Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to install my Koso EGT kit today, and couldn't get power. I tried to get power from the ignition, and no go. There are 2 loose plugs that look like a live and ground for an accessory, but couldn't get no juice.

Being that this isn't an electric start and doesn't have a battery, could that explain why there wouldn't be a live at the ignition.

I was just going to run it off my handwarmers or something, but want to do it properly if I can, instead of splicing into wires.

Who has installed one that could give me some help?

Kind of odd considering I can find my way blindfolded around a truck or car electrical. Well.... maybe not blindfolded.

The sled is an '03 rmk 800

Thanks,
Cory.

·
Polaris All The Way!!!
657 Posts
EGT? Exhaust gas temperature right? I haven't installed anything like this but if your looking for constant power when the engine is running then try wiring into the yellow wire coming out of your voltage regulator. When you get the change add a fuse though just as some protection for your regulator.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it is AC current coming out of the voltage regulator right?

I think my problem is that this is DC and I need a AC/DC converter to make it work.

You'd think for $420 they would include everything needed to make the dam thing work.

The instructions say it will work with both AC and DC 12V , so I don't know whats going on.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any ideas?? There has to be a few guys on here that have an EGT guage on there sled.

·
hurry up winter
129 Posts
I just checked my sled and it's tied into the yellow and brown wires going to the tach mine is an slp gauge with the mounting pod but the wires should be the same on yours

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, Thanks. I'll try a yellow wire somewhere. I wanted to put my guage on the dash also but the sensor lines weren't long enough to run through the wiring harness for a clean look.

·
Polaris All The Way!!!
657 Posts
there are 2 sets of yellow and brown wires on my sled. 1 set runs the light in the tach and the other set moves the needle. Make sure you plug it in to the one for the light if your going that direction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.