Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my sled quite on me and it's an electrical problem. i've got batteryless efi (1997 zr 580) and i'm wondering if anyone could enlighten me on the meaning of the red light (LED) on the side of the computer. the sled's got spark, compression, and fuel, but will only pop, never keep running no matter what i do. this little light flashes once every time i pull. any info on this little light (or what sensors or whatever could be wrong with my sled) would be greatly appreciated
thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
If the light only flashes once, that means you have a open or short circuit in the trottle postion sensor.. not the best thing to have happen seeing as this sensor is NOT a replaceable component. have fun!

·
Registered
30 Posts
i have the same sled and had the same problem a few years ago. dealer told me that i needed a $900 throttlebody i said bite me.on mine set screws had loosened on tpi they said electrical specs were not avialable to adjust. the next season i brought it to a different dealer and they said specs had now been released and they adjusted it. ran great.this is a great sled if you mind maintenancing everything every thousand miles. you don't and it will break for sure on the trail.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Best thing might be to check with the salvage dealers, Al's Snowmobile is a good place to start. Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts