Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can a 600 Edge chassis engine bolt up in place of a blown 600 in a 2006 Switchback?
If not, what doesn't work?

·
Super Moderator
17,303 Posts
The 2006 SW was the first year of the new 600 engine (also used in the RMK), it is not the same as the Edge engine. The part numbers for the mounting straps are different between the two platforms. If you do the swap, you should also swap the ECU. There could also be some wiring differences between the two as well. I would also want to check to see if the exhaust angles are the same, that could be an issue as well.

What's wrong with your SW engine?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2006 SW was the first year of the new 600 engine (also used in the RMK), it is not the same as the Edge engine. The part numbers for the mounting straps are different between the two platforms. If you do the swap, you should also swap the ECU. There could also be some wiring differences between the two as well. I would also want to check to see if the exhaust angles are the same, that could be an issue as well.

What's wrong with your SW engine?
The bottom end is blown apart on the SW engine.
could I use the stator and wiring from the 06 and bolt it onto the Edge engine?

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
probably not. changing from standard CDI to ECU usually changes the timing on the stator pickups. With an ECU, the timing is typically variable with the RPM. So the timing pulse is set roughly in the middle of the range.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody know where I can get a 600 HO engine for a 2006?
I have a complete running 2004 800 Liberty PERC engine that I am looking to trade.

·
Super Moderator
17,303 Posts
You may be able to sell the 800 and buy a crankcase... if your crank is not damaged, that would be a pretty easy swap. The hardest part is getting that flywheel off the stator, Polaris really sticks those things on there. When I blew up my 700, that is the route I went, as there were ZERO engines for sale.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts