Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had the day off work, got my truck back in operating order, decided a nice raider running would be good. nope, thing has been eating plugs on number 1 cylinder the last week or so. single carb, so i rule the carb out, must be something with coil/ points on that cylinder? it runs great, but everything i go to start it up after letting it set for a while number 1 sparkplug gets no el sparko. i woudlnt care so much but i dont get home till late and nobody around here is open for snowmobile plugs everytime i decide to take a spin at 10:00PM

·
Registered
40 Posts
No startums

Are you using an electric starter or a pull rope.If you are using the electric starter try the rope.Sometimes when coils begin to fail they will not start with a electric starter because the starter draws just enough power from the coil that it will not fire.I do not know if this applies to you but it was just an idea,Hope it helps!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wish i had a battery for it, wouldnt kill me so much to keep on a yankin that cord, lol. i have another set of coils so i'll change them out with some hope.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts