Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sled I just bought (97 MX-Z 670) has been updated with the plastic skis from the 98 model. The previous owner also installed an easy steer kit (looks like plastic pieces that appear to cut the depth of the carbide) because he felt the sled was too darty. He said he loves them, but having never driven the sled without them, I was wondering what everyone thought of them. Is it a personal preference kind of thing and worth my time to take them off and try the sled without them?

·
Registered
16 Posts
If your talking about the plastic forks (correctors)under the skis, you should try the sled with them on before you remove them. I put some on my '99 Formula 583 and they really made a big difference with the ride quality. Much less darting, and the sleds rear end fishtails (riding in a straight line) a lot less on certain snow and icy condition. Correctors help a lot but if you can afford them precision skis are still way ahead for ride stability and performance.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
i think they are great. they improve the handling/darting of the pre-rev sleds a lot.

i dont think there is a personal preference with those, because they dont change the sled as dramatically as studs do in a lot of areas. i think all riders would prefer them due to less darting/better handling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts