Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any from the eastern side in Ohio? Is there enough snow to ride? I heard Chardon Ohio had 12 inches?

Need to ride this weekend, Im going nuts......

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where at? i want to put her on the trailer and go but I am not sure where to go? Please tell me...

thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
Chardon has about 8 inches, there's ALOT more in ashtabula. 18 inches around the Western Reserve Greenway. It's a pretty good ride, but I think it's for club members only. I'm not sure if you can just drive there , park and ride. I guess if you have insurance and your sled is registered , the worst they would do is ask you to leave. Or join the club :D !

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to Greenway web site it says "public snowmobile trail" I guess I will call the park and as? Are ledgerunners a club? Is Thompson near ashtabula?

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
yeah, we're a club. dont know if it's near ashtabula, but it's right by madison if that helps. we meet every 1st weds. at the thompson city hall. i fyou want more info. ill call the president, and get th eaddress to the meeting places. tell me if you want it. ill can give you his stuff and you can contact him.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Wintertoy.....both are clubs. ( Ledgerunners and Grand River. ) I think you will have no problem riding there. I asked a friend that I ride with, and it is FULLY public. You do need to be fully registered and insured. Other than that , your good to go. Download the map for parking areas from the greenway website. I'll be on the trails tommorrow and sat nite.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks alot. I will most likly go to greenway saturday afternoon. Are they any places to eat while your on the sled?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes, there are quite a few bars/longes that cater to snowmobilers. I could give you some directions if you need, but pretty much follow the other tracks. No eateries right on the trail, but some are quite close.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well like I said in some earlier posts this is my first sled and i have rode around the house a few times when it snowed. Needless to say this is my first time loading her up and going to a area with alot of snow. It is 6:30 now and I just got home from work. I just put her on the trailer ready to leave early in the morning. I know some of you guys know what I am feeling. I am so excited to get out there and ride. Man am I pumped up this is going to be great. Mudflap I will follow the tracks per your sugestion. I called greenway and Have directions. Thanks for all the info. Have fun riding.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey man, no problem on the help. It looks like my plans for hitting the trail tonite fell through. Wintertoy...are you going to hit the greenway all by yourself, or bringing friends? I would'nt suggest riding by yourself, incase of some unforseeable accident. It'd suck to breakdown, or crash out in the middle of nowhere. :( When are you planning on riding tomorrow? I'll be out there in the afternoon/evening. Maybe you could tag with our group. I don't like to see guys riding 1:1......group riding is ALWAYS a good idea. Be SAFE if you plan on riding alone. (<----NOT recomended if I where you.) Don't decide to "try out" your newfound funmachine past your limits.......it's a pretty desolate location when it comes to trail traffic. Especially during the day.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I will be one sled only but I will have my girlfriend on the back end. I know what your saying about being carefull. Thanks for your concern. I will be out there from noon to whatever? I will be on a 2 up yamaha venture silverish gold in color. Maybe we can meet each other? What are you riding? How many will be in your group?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Cool man.....I might just go out early ( noon to whatever? How late is whatever? I'll probably be out until the bars close) . I ride a 99 Polaris XCSP .( see sig pic.....My sled looks just like that) Lately I've ridden with a buddy of mine, his wife , and a friend of ours. He has two skidoos( 2000, and a 95 ) and the best of all, the 82 kawasaki drifter:D . , It's a total beater, but it's a ride for the desperate souls. Let me know where you plan on parking, I may just meet yah out there ! I park in the Lampson Rd parking area.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lampson road. Yep those are the instructions I recieved from the web site. I will be getting off I 90 exit 223 and getting on Lampson road. Then I was told look for signs and a big ass parking lot. Is it far from the express way? My real name is Chuck I will be in a black chevy siverado.
Is the snow really 18 inches deep out there? Thats funny how the waether works. I am 1 hour from there and we only have a dusting at my house...

·
Registered
125 Posts
yeah.....that sounds right. When you head south off of I-90 on rt 45 go past clay rd, rt 307, the next left will be lampson. The parking area will be on the right. It's RIGHT after the trail crossing, easy to miss. When you park, be sure to leave room for others and to park with the tail of your trailer pointing towards the trail. It's alot easier to load and unload like that.( everyone parks like that up there.
The snow's beat down a bit by now, but yeah...LOT'S of snow. Some mud holes on the trail, but not to bad. The ground has'nt froze yet.
Do you plan on riding just the greenway? Like I said .....I may meet up with yah...I have a maroon and silver 94 silverado extended cab. You have my e-mail addy, AIM is the same. If you have it, let me know , we can BS for a bit.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can I ride to other places from greenway? I will trailer the sled to greenway and ride there. I doubt I will load back up and drive somewhere else. If you can travel around on the sled for a long disatnce I am in with that..

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't know the local trails that well yet, but yes, there are connections that will add up to alot of riding. The greenway is mostly a straight trail. To get to most locations , some road riding is required. Check me on aim if yah got it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts