Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anyone tell me anything about this clutch ? Is it any good ,Has anyone ever used one and what machine does it come from.
I am seeking info too. I assumed mine was an early Powerbloc until I took it apart today and found Eastern industries stamped into it. It works on same principle as Powerbloc. The little screw in caps that hold the weights inside the sliding plastic blocks were brittle and shattered when I tried to take them out. Interestingly, the powerbloc cap threaded in. Aside from that, there was no interchangeability with other Powerbloc parts I have. I wonder if this was a forerunner or competitor to Powerbloc as they were both manufactured in Drummondville Quebec? Mine is for a 3/4" threaded shaft, I assume early skidoo, but could be others.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I chimed in as the only reference to this clutch I could find while researching this unit on the web was this single post 9 years ago. So now there are two posts. My limited research thus far leads me to believe that the early power blocs were all steel units with 4 siding blocks perhaps like this Eastern clutch then Powerbloc redesigned to be 3 sliding blocks in the 70's. Mine is a rusty weathered unit, hardly worth the effort but I might clean it up and spin it onto one of my old doos just to see if it works.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well.....I found one of these clutches too.....and again, this was the only reference I could find. Mine was threaded onto a 1970 TNT 292 motor.... no year on it, just the words "Eastern Industries Drummondville".

The mystery continues......... 1965 primary clutch.jpg 1965 primary clutch cover removed.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts