Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my outer sheave(movable) and assemble was wabbling and making a little racket when Idling. I shut my sled down to check and it is loose. I looked on brownsleisureworld.com to see the parts list, and layout to see how it was put together, as I have never had it apart. I was expecting to see that it had bushings on the sheave and the outer cover, but my particular year doesn't show any!? Checking other years like the 98' it does show that year has bearings.

First of all, what could cause this behavior, and second, do only cirtaint years have the bushings?

I suspect that it is the outer or movable sheave and cover have bushings that are worn out. But could it be that the nut on the spider has come loose?

Any help? And does anybody have any suggestions on what to do when I have it apart to help me out, performance wise or other? How much is a rebuild kit for the Drive clutch?

·
Registered
4 Posts
You should be able to rebuild the entire clutch for around a $100.
If you have over 2500 miles I would.
That clutch should have bushing type bearings on the sheave and cover plate.
Check the inside sheave faces for any cracks.
You will not be able to remove your spider assembly unless you have the specific tool.

Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
One more thing, they do rattle and wobble a little any how.
As far as performance, dont make my mistake just go and buy a clutch kit form Goodwin or speedworx.
It will work awesome.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm guessing you have a 2000 ZR 700 LE. She has Two shaft bushings in her Driven clutch both are part#0648-009.this should fix your problem...check the driven shaft bearings too it don't hurt to be too safe!

Have fun!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That would be right King! The sig is my sled... I will be tearing into it this weekend, I planned on replacing the driven at the same time... Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I pulled her apart today, and wow, I can't believe the ware that it has sustained. It is more than .080" oversized and crumbling apart. What are these made of anyway. I was going to make some at work, but I can't even tell what they are. Very soft material. Probably better off buying them...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts