Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experimented in drilling their brake rotor to reduce fading? And if so, results.

Also, has anybody ever made their own brake pucks. I know they are only $20 bucks a set, but that could be $20 in that all holy of fluids, gasoline.

I work in the automotive industry and see fairly decent pads thrown away every day. Was thinking a couple minutes with a cutoff saw and voila!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahahahahahahahaha

I'll give you that one. But what about drilling the rotor. You can purchase them from Black Magic for hudreds of $$, why not do your own.

·
Registered
36 Posts
well i say, why not drill it, see what happens. just take it easy for a while why you are trying it out. The worse that can happen is you need to buy a new rotor

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fade, oops, looked closer today, appears that the seal at back of chain case has been seeping for the last 10 years, my rotor is soaked in oil.

Will tear down later, raging blizzard here now, just see the mirrors poking out of the drift.

·
Registered
121 Posts
The more you drill the more you weaken the rotor. Once it's weakened every time you yank on the binder its gonna warp. Now she won't stop!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts