Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the seat and gas tank from a 1996 Polaris Super Sport. I have tried searching this forum, I have tried searching google, nothing definitive has surfaced.

·
Administrator
19,291 Posts
There should be two bolts holding the rear, accessable from the "trunk" and two bolts holding the front of the gas tank, one on each side. You may have to move some of the material of the seat out of the way to access the front ones. Don't forget to unhook the hose from the fuel outlet to the fuel pump.

You can see a diagram of the seat at the Polaris website at

Browse

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dan, thanks for the quick reply.

I don't know what I am missing, but I can't find the 2 bolts in the "trunk" that everyone keeps referring to, I also am unable to find any bolts near the front of the tank either.

I have attached pics of my sled, in hopes someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I did find that diagram a little while ago, but It hasn't proven to be very helpful.

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,291 Posts
The bolts on the sides are above the tunnel in a bracket attached to the top of the tunnel. If you look under the tunnel in the rear of the sled, you should be able to see the two bolts holding down the back. Follow those up into the seat and you will find the nuts.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I simply use an electric fuel pump!
If I had one I would just use it. I am trying to use what I have in the garage at the moment. I don't have any spare hose sitting around or I would just syphon the old gas out, and use a hanger to fish out the old line and filter that is sitting in the bottom of my tank.

Also, I just like to know how to do this kind of stuff ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got the seat/gas tank off today. The bolts in the back was the easy part, the front was a little trickier. I remembered the vent tube in the front before pulling the tank back just in time. I had quite a bit of water in the gas, so I will be swishing some good stuff and draining it a couple more times.

I need to get the in-tank hose/filer combo thingy and a gas cap with the gauge. After that I can start assembling again :D I love making progress.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.