Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know how to drain the antifreeze out of a 467 which is in a 1991 mach one. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but i dont wanna drain the antifreeze onto my carbs lol antifreeze + carbs = bad news

·
Registered
315 Posts
i found a picture ,and if it is the right one looks like the lower coolant hose comes out
the front right side below the pipes . that would be the one i would pull, as it is the
lowest in the block, that will make it possible to get all the old coolant out !!
good luck hope that helps !

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok > pull the hose under the y pipe and let it drain . Mine has a drain hole on the bottom on the sled. Under the y pipe is one of the lowest points on the motor and it will drain it all out of the jugs. If theres still more in your topend use a turkey baster to suck it out..

·
Mountain Man
423 Posts
First of all get a pump and drain the coolant tank for less mess. Im going to try to pull a bottom hose and have wet dry vac waiting to suck up coolant. My CDI si under the motor for now and I don't want to douche it with coolant.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
For a quick, easy and clean coolant drain, s shop vac works the best (ideally a small one). Just suck the system out until it sounds dry and keep the anti freeze soaked filter in a trash bag for future jobs if you want.

·
Mountain Man
423 Posts
I'm going to jack up front end and try to leave coolant in heat exchangers. This should help with air bubble issues also anti freeze is expensive. 1 gallon antifreeze = 1 gallon beer. Around my house we don't waste beer so why waste antifreeze. LOL

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm going to jack up front end and try to leave coolant in heat exchangers. This should help with air bubble issues also anti freeze is expensive. 1 gallon antifreeze = 1 gallon beer. Around my house we don't waste beer so why waste antifreeze. LOL
Thats awesome! Love the 1 gal=1 gal!!

·
Mountain Man
423 Posts
Utah just passed a law that anti freeze has to have a bittering agent in it to protect animals. So if I want the good stuff I'll have to go to Colorado and get it. Just like I do with my beer come to think of it. LOL

·
Registered
350 Posts
A good way i have found to drain antifreeze is to have a bucket of a smaller nature handy when u pull a hose... then with ur mouth, this is where it gets wierd, blow in one side then catch the antifreeze with the bucket on the other side...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts