Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my '01 XCSP 600(Liberty) Friday night and it was awesome. Yesterday could ride because it kept flooding. I figured it was in the enricher system. I rebuilt carbs but now have to keep above 7000 rpm to keep from dying out and backfiring like crazy. I want to try and drain the crankcase but don't see a plug. Does this motor have one?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There should be two small plugs below the exhaust on the front of the engine that will drain the crankcase.
I jsut looked and only seen the water pump - no drains. Idid however shut the fuel off and the sled ran for about a minute without fuel. When it finally quit I started it back up with the fuel on and still wouldn't run right - I am starting to be disgruntled with Polaris. I have had this sled for a year and haven't stopped working on it! Been ridin Doo and Cat for 15 years and never had probs this weird. Oh well, keeps me busy and broke!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2003 RMK 800 EDGE. Full of fuel.. Pulled plugs and had fuel shooting out. Fule stuck on due to possible clog or water freezing in carb.
Pull plugs and pipe and pull till no more vapor. Drain pipe if full of fuel "mine was"
Clean carb and possibly replace fuel "reccomend".. Issue solved!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts