Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 vmax 600 and i would like to know a good ice drag set up for it and also how you lower the front end of the snowmobile. Thanks

Sent from my LGL45C using Snowmobile.com App

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
I've done one! Here ya go its a good starting point! Drop a tooth off the top gear! Take the pogo and the top cover Compress the spring and the top of the tube will come up, Pop 5 like 1 1/2" X 1/4" Orings over the top, be sure to lube them good! This will drop you front end! Next would be the exhaust! Cut the square can part, down both sides and across the bottom, about an inch from the edges! Then fold it up and you will see 2 pipes in 3 compartments! Cut both pipes off in the center section! Fold down and reweld! Then Ice picks atleast 144!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright thanks! Im not gonna race it for money or anything but i want it faster then other sleds on the lake.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha yea i know but i just want to impove my sled without spending a ton of money

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright thanks! Now i have the single pipe on my sled so your saying just to cut the bottom can off?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And clutch, like what color spring and how to set it up. Im racing shorter distance like around 550 feet

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
Don't cut the bottom of the can off, just the side! Is there a seperate can from pipe?
Leave the clutch alone and drop a tooth off the top gear in the chain case!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And also do you know by any chance how far yoh can bore out the motor? Can u make it a 700 or maybe even bigger!

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
The most you would go safely id appx. 0.020 over bore.

Improving fuel flow through the engine will get you more gains than just more displacement will.
Smoothing up the transfer ports, champhering the edges and opening up the exhaust port slightly will net you at least 5 more ponies at very little cost.

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
The bore is fine just a bit of porting!
Ok if you look at the can the inlet and outlet have a perferated drop pipe inside. Simply drill a 1" hole from one side threw both pipes. Then just weld a plate over the hole on the out side!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now what do i have to do to get all the drag out of the track. So the track roles very easy and so theres no drag.

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
Well the best way I've found is the Big Wheel kit in the back and Extravert Drivers up front! And go threw the boggies too!

·
Premium Member
34,103 Posts
Check all the bearings and replace any that do not spin freely. [including jack shaft and drive shaft]
Run the track as loose as it will go without ratcheting.
Check that the track is perfectly centered.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Most important thing for freeing up the track is the attack angle. You want the transition from the drivers to the suspension rails to be as flat as possible. That will free up more drag than just going through bearings and a big wheel kit. But all 3 would be best, if you really are serious than you pull everything apart and have all shafts trued and blue print the chassis so it's dead on centered for everything

Sent from Snowmobile.com App

·
Registered
24,890 Posts
An additional wheel up front would help too! The extraverted drivers lets you run the track real loose!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts