Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont get into snowmobiling as much as I used to but the neighbor is giving me some ribbing about how his 99 Yamaha 600sx is faster than my Polaris. Im just curious how this is gonna go as I am riding with him this sat. His is as near as I remember 99 Yamaha sx600. I know the clutch is stock and he has no studs but prolly jetted and I think still stock or gutted exhaust at the most. Mine is a 99 Indy 600 w SLP pipe rejetted and 144 studs. It has a custom clutch kit in it that is from a local clutch wizard. Similar to a RB 5th gear clutch kit as I recall. The other rider is a little guy about 70lbs lighter than me. Hows this gonna go? Thanks

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
u should win, no offence, but with the extra weight,
and your picks you will get the hole-shot.:D

·
Registered
477 Posts
My money would be on your polaris. Just the pipe and clutch kit alone would more then make up for the weight difference. Plus having the studs will help out big time. If your sled is tuned right i don't think he will even stand a chance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I figured the Yamaha looks alot heavier than the stripped down Indy. Im 6' 235 and the other guy has to be about 5'7 or so. He is a snowmobile guru on engines but not clutching at all. Mine feels really strong but could be stronger i guess. It will be nice to spank him but I really dont care about it as much as he will.lol. It only has 1300 miles on it since I bought it new. I really need to ride more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts