Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Im guessing you live in a place that is always snowy?

or do you like run a repair shot/ dealership?

you have like 50,000$ worth of snowmobiles there....i don't understand haha send me your worst one :D

looks like a lot of fun!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually I live in Michigan and there's no snow where I live. I do have some side work come and go whether it's motorcycles or snowmobiles out of my garage but those are my families sleds. Don't know about the worst sled but if it were going by price I would say the T660 turbo was the cheapest and then my 06 F7 the orange one. The green F7 isn't ours I was doing work on that one but there's a Z1 turbo that isn't in the picture that lives there too.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Nice collection!!! Must have a big family...

Want to adopt one more? :D

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Looks big enough to me, unless you need to add more room for MY sled. :D

But then again, I have snow here, so you may want to move West instead. :p Bring your garage with you...

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
It's a totally different type of riding than what I was used to in upstate NY. It was easy to put a few hundred miles on in a day there. I don't think I've ever done more than 86 miles in a day here, and I came home dead tired at that! It's a lot of fun though, but it will wear you out in a hurry.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You're representing Michigan very well Huckin Hills..Jealous as I can be....If I can just get my carb internals cleaned by noon I'll have the carbs on set at what they came out as. Hoping since everything looked OK except for being gummed up I'll be OK.Going to have to pull plugs and check for color a lot in the first ride...That's why I hope we get some snow downstate and I can just go by myself to sort it all out. The sled is a 93 XLT SKS that I had the engine freshly rebuilt by a Polaris mechanic. He had it running great but I didn't even get past the first extra oiled tank of gas before Michigan ran out of snow.By the time I tried to start it in late spring the carbs had gummed up........Since he set it up perfect I hope it still will be and I'll be running by tonight. Sorry for dumping on your post but all that room and all those sleds just woke me up!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey snownutz thanks for posting. If someone cleaned your carbs up (the right way) they shouldnt be gummy. Where in MI are you at im in northern oakland county. Always looking for people to ride with and places to ride. I film alot of footage and edit so if any michigan riders want to take part in one of the movies let know. I posted one in the action shots thread or you can search youtube for
xTheDomBombShowx and its called Snowmobile Trip Houghton / Gaylord
Let me know what you think

·
Registered
21 Posts
Carb Fix...

Well I just got the carbs fixed up and mounted about three days ago. After playing with the gas connections and a couple of prime jobs through the spark plugs she started and settled in beautiful. Hearing that fresh rebuilt triple roar into a beautiful song is a special time. But now I need to get the steering unfrozen.....Apparently no one including me greased that steering shaft..Does anyone know if the four nuts that are about even to the carbs on the steering post on a 1993 Polaris XLT are fixed to the tunnel? Or will they fall under the track when the nuts come off ? Besides that I want to free up the suspension as much as I can even though I plan to find a XTRA 12 133.5 to mount under it between now and next year. Plus adding a righteous set of skis on it and getting a two up seat. I'm not happy at all about the no snow deal this year but that also meant I didn't spend nearly a hundred bucks on a set of Woody's carbides that probably wouldn't fit the next set of skis. Oh well...But, yeah I'm interested in riding and the video thing. I spent most of my life as a Freelance Glamour Photographer and did many wedding photos and videos of the same.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts