Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Daniel
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k heres my problem, 1998 ZR 600 EFI

I start my sled, let it warm up, i drive for about 2 miles and it runs great usually and after about the second mile it seams to be holding back. When i pin the throttle it only reaches about 7000 rpm and feels like its struggling to go any more. i have done the fallowing in the last month to try and fix it.

1 stator- did this cuz it wouldnt run at all
2 carb adapters/ throttle body boots- boots were cracked open
3 reed valves and cages
4 belt
5 tightened the track- track was very loose
6 cleaned the air box
7 cleaned throttle bodies
8 Ignition Coil

I havent pulled the plugs out lately but I changed them about a month ago, just used the spare ones that were in the tool kit when i bought the sled 2 months ago. Is it possible for the plugs to do that when it gets hot? maybe a hotter burning plug?

Also the sled only does about 70 mph. im thinking thats because it wont reach max rpm, the compression on each cylinder when cold was 120-125psi

Can someone please send me in the right dirrection?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Id focus more on the clutching if your clutchs arn't working right then it wont rev out!!! but another possibility is Timing i've seen flywheel timing keys shear off and throw the timing off causeing the sled not to rev the way it should!!! does it backfire at all or is it hard starting some times

·
Registered
26,196 Posts
Well compression is a bit on the low side, try putting a teaspoon of oil in each cyl and retest @WOT! Then do a fuel presure test, should be 36! Also look at your driven spring, could be weak!

·
Sconnie
1,745 Posts
about 120 to 125. i don't think your off too much. x2 on checking fuel pressure and clutching.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts