Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im interested in buying a 04 800 switchback. The deal is just about closed . If anyone has any feed back it would be greatly appreciated before i spend all this money. What are the advantage and disadvantages of buying a switchback.

Does anyone know the top speed of a 800 switchback.

Toronto Canada

·
Registered
711 Posts
a switchback is better in the powder than a short track and better on the trails then an rmk. I feel it is a goo purchase if you are like me and ride trails and of trails about 50/50 of the time. I have an rmk and nothing can touch it on the powder but trail riding is lacking. (no tipped up rails) over all i know it is an rmk with a better shock package and a smaller track. (lugs) But it takes no time to throw a 2" paddle track on it and your good to go for the powder. Over all it is my pick for best all around sled.

·
Administrator
1,152 Posts
I rode Dano's 800 Switchback and agree it is a good all around sled in both the powder and on the trails. .... I do have a feeling he is going to end up putting a 2" paddle track on it within the year though.

·
Registered
711 Posts
word, 1.25 wont help much in the mountains, but any time i ride around here, nothing more than the 1.25. sick of burning slides and over heating.

the switchback is simply awesome. much worth the coin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts