Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ZR has a green bellypan and it's discolored from the exhaust. Does anyone know if a good cleaner to get the black soot off of there? I've tried degreasers and gasoline, things like that but none of them do a very good job. Any ideas would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Cat Cleaner. Made just for cleaning bellypans. Works very well. Get it at your dealer.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
try castrol super clean, worked on mine for some stuff, WD-40 works, but make sure you get it well cleaned off with another cleaner if you are applying any decals.

·
Team Arctic
746 Posts
wow really, i still can't get some off of mine, i think the green side panels and all are nice but they get so dirty, especially inside and it shows up really bad as compared to black, and working on it, you don;t want to touch anything or its jsut covered with blackness, oil and grease and such.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Don't laugh, but give Pledge a try. Yes the furniture polish...
I prefer lemon sented to be honest. Serioulsy give it a try.

If you don't like the idea of using Pledge, swing by a Honda Motorcycle dealer & buy a bottle of Honda Polish. This stuff works wonders!! You need only spray on wipe off. Safe on all plastic & vinal applications. (yes you can spray it on your factory stickers with no worries.) Cost = $5.95

For the inside of the belly pan I recommend a generic Orange Acid solvent, I use a Target brand (safer then Simple Green.) Just mix it with warm water, 50/50 mix spray away with a misting water bottle. Let it sit a bit, then rinse (srub if you must.) Doesn't harm plastic or stickers, but I'd rinse it off just in case...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts