Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Polaris Switchback Assault 800, 1997 Polaris XLT SKS
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to know if the xcr 600(monoblock triple) in the mid-late 90’s had triple pipes as a stock factory option. If so, I’m looking into getting a set for my xlt. If not, I’m considering getting an aftermarket can for it. I plan on staying away from aftermarket pipes though.

And also, what are the diffs between the xlt and xcr 600?
And would I have to tune my engine even if the triple pipes came off of an xcr 600(xlt)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I think a couple models had triple pipes factory like the Ultra but those wouldn't fit on your engine completely different exhaust. And yes anytime you would switch to a can or another stock option like triple pipes you would have to redo the jetting to what Polaris had or what the aftermarket can maker says to do. Then watch plug colors like crazy so you don't burn down the engine. Tbh better off just doing some clutching on it as a lot of owners who have trails going through their property don't like aftermarket cans, pipes or triple pipes period because of the loudness. Plus I know here in the States DNR really watches it here in Wisconsin for that stuff. I would imagine Canada is probably even tighter on that stuff.
OK
I live in a small town and have acess to lots of bush until the highway. The opp in town allows aftermarket cans and pipes as long as we go slow in town. But of course kids my age don't care about that rule. They also don't care about their sleds and beat them up.

Edit: I checked the plugs back in may, and they were nice and brown, one was a little darker(I forget which side it was) so the carb might need to be adjusted a bit more, though you can never get them perfect.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the xcr 600 had 2 engines, the monoblock, and the regular 600 triple.
I saw pipes on the reg stock, but not on the monoblock.

What I might do is get a can, clutch kit, fox shocks all around. But I'm staying clear from anything connected to the crank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.