Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my very first snowmobile ....

Got it at a Polaris dealer .......

Here is the details:

1995 Ski-Doo Formula STX - Rotax 583 R.A.V.E.
2325 miles on it
Garage Kept
Looks brand new both outside and under the hood - Excellent to Mint condition
Electric Start
Dealer gave 60 day warranty

Paid: $1425

Salesman says it was his neighbors and that it was always kept in the garage after riding and that it was not riden very much.

Is that a good sled? Good price? I know it's a little to late if it is not .. but .... it was in such good condition and it didn't have EFI ( which I did not want ).

Let me know your thoughts guys ..... thanks ...

Just moved from the East Coast to the cold tundra .... Have only owned Jet Ski's .... but have riden ( and loved ) snowmobiles many times .......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats good to hear .......

But is the Rotax 583 a good engine? Was the STX a good sled in its time? Reliable?

·
Registered
50 Posts
the 583 is a great engine bullet proof, and im not sure on the your sled but i know the mxz's and formulas ride good and really rip on the trails. congrats on the find.. im buying a 1997 formula 583 with 2200 miles tonight cant wait 1800 bucks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad to here that!

Nice to know it is a good engine! Can't wait to get it home and try out on the first good snow!

·
Registered
570 Posts
The sled is an overweight tank, but it should be a reliable machine. If you have never owned a sled before you won't know any different. You are supposed to ask if it was a good deal before you bought it. You are setting yourself up for defeat if you ask after you buy it and everyone tells you that you payed too much.
I actually don't really see many sleds in New York that are over 4 or 5 years old. Where do they all go? Do they get wrecked? Are they sent to other areas of the country? If anyone knows where they go, let me know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts