Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the gearcase in my 2010 Crossfire 600 CF6 is done. I found a diamond drive from a 2009 M8. The 2009 M8 had electronic reverse. Will this gearcase fit into my Crossfire?

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not sure!

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
someone told me that the 09 with electronic reverse will not work since the 2010 CF6 has mechanical reverse. Gearing in 2010 CF6 is 60/60, where the gearing in the 2009 M8 is 57/63. This will result in more bottom end power and less top end speed (I am told), which doesn't concern me.

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good point.

I've since learned that the issue is mostly around the reverse, that pretty much any gearcase will fit and are interchangeable between arctic cat sleds, but you may end up with a different gear ratio (or you may no longer have reverse). The 2010 CF6 still has a mechanical reverse, where most of the sleds in arctic cat's lineup changed to electronic reverse in 2009 or so, so an older gearcase from a 2008 M1000 will work for my needs, for example.

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good idea, I wish I had thought of that, but the replacement DD is on it's way!

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DD had a crack and lost oil, essentailly all parts damaged inside. I was also told if you dont change the oil every year to expect problems. This seems crazy that synthetic oil could break down that quickly.

· Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't like the design on the Arctic Cats (this is my first Arctic Cat sled), Doesn't make sense to add all that weight and complexity over a chain. What's the thinking with this design?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts