Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back once again with more questions. A guy i rode with had his clutch go, it's on a 2000 RMK 800 (with only 1200 miles). On the primary, where the belt sits it completely ate a hole all the way around on the rights side (engine side) and did nothing on the left side. This made me think that it wasn't aligned right, but the belt runs true. Also, the shaft is tight- so i don't think that any bearing could be out.

Wondering what could cause this... he checked it before we rode (no groves) and it did it in about a mile. The sled never smoked belts so it couldn't have be clutched that bad, and prior to that it always ran smooth. He has a used one to slap on, but we kind of wanted to know what caused it so it just doesn't happen again. Thanks.

·
Registered
615 Posts
what kind of belt was it aftermarket belts are harder than factory and cause that common with aftermarket belts. if not take your secondary apart see if its binding or rusted up.check your motor mounts and spin the track by hand see if its binding somewhere.also was it stock weights and spring was the spring broke.check your alignment with the tool see what it is.check your torque stop to sometimes they break off or the rubber falls off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts