Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife rides a 03 polaris supersport with the m-10 suspenion
which is an awesome ride.but the only thing is it darts bad
i've tried several adjustments but still darts!!!I want to buy new skis which ones are good?i'm looking at the sno-stuff dual runners and the tri-keel two skis with the single skig and plastic edges?or the dealer told me to buy ski-doo's precsion skis and modify the rubber mounts which was done in a magazine?anyone have any ideas???? thank you

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
flex precision skis with dual carbides are awesome, c&a pros work well to. arctic cat also has an easy steer kit too thats supposed to help stop darting and give more control in rutty conditions, its only like 15.00. good luck.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Keep in mind your darting problem may not be ski related. It may be your preload on your suspension or your limiter straps. also, aftermarket skis are desinged to dig deeper, wich may make you dart even more. before doing anything, rule out your limiter straps and your preloads, then go plastic skis or easy steer carbides.

dano

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
just loosen your limiter straps all the way, or cut them, then your skis will never be on the ground and you wont dart anymore, or turn for that matter. :) but seriously he is right check those and look into the easy steer kit like i said before, theyre only like 15 bucks. if it is your skis for some reason C&A Pros work wonders also.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Did you check the ski toe out ?? Skis must have a toe -out of 1/8 -1/4 inch . Also use a ruber cord stretched between the ski tips to keep pressure on the steering system while measuring , and making any adjustments....

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
check your track alignment too, if one side of the track is pullin funny, you'll dart all over, and mess up your track.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts