Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
recently i found a solution to the ever so, troublesome darting . when playing around front rear scissor stop , ski pressure to try and decrease darting i found a solution that is ever so simble .
all that needs to be done is reverse the
ski bushings it makes a heck of a difference.

·
Registered
323 Posts
What thats going to do is change the angle the ski sits. The back of the ski will be pushing down with more force than the front. The reason it's helping for your darting is because the carbides are not completely doing there job. You will probably lose your ability to turn on ice and hard pack and may prematurely wear the back of your skiis.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Try dual runner carbides,my buddy put them on a 98 ultra and darting disappeared. A little expensive but worth it. I have Doos dual runner precision skis and I have no darting , but for regular skis dual runners are the way to go.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Absolutely. I use the simmons myself. Night and day difference. If you keep the rubber boots the way you have them, like I said premature ski wear, you'll have to buy new skis anyway. Might as well get the simmons or skidoo dual runners.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
with the changing of the ski bushing there has been no noticeable extra ski or carbide wear . and for turning the machine handles better this is with full length carbides

·
Registered
323 Posts
If your happy with it go with it. But the reason it's not darting is because its not grabing as much as it should. Your probably only using the back of the carbide instead of the whole thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts