Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did the top end rebuild and thanks again for all your help!!

I have a question though.

compression test: re-rung drive side=120lbs, fan side w/.020 oversize piston=130 (you guys are good). I started the sled and it seems to run fine. But after letting it run for 5 min at idle and took it for a short spin, I put a temp gauge on each of the cylinders, the fan head=80-90 deg and the drive wheel head = 160-180 deg. Does the fan cool that well? Are these temps normal?

the temp gauge is a professional laser thermometer used in heating and air (thanks to my bro), so those are the temps.

I do have spark on both wires as far as the inline tester can show. What little snow we had this morning, I was able to run it around the yard a few times. Snow is gone in chi-town area now. Seemed like there was enough power, but I cant rev it up yet until snow comes back and break-in is over.

I know I sound like a mother hen, but I don't want to do this all over again. :(

Thanks

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
Base your worries on what the plugs look like. Are they a dry dark brown or are they black and oily? Or maybe even a light tan to white? You want the brown on both sides. Judging by the name you are the resident computer Guru?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
resident geek

Yeah you found me out!! :D

I am a computer consultant. Do payroll/HR/benefits software for large corps.

Sometimes I have to give the the desktops a good kick to get them running too.

Thanks , I'll quit worrying :( and read my plugs, just like you told the umpteen thousand others to do :D Dont know why my engine would be different!!

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
You'd be surprised how much the spark plugs can tell you.... I had a computer question, but forgot it now...:(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
memory??

your ques must be about memory - right <-- computer geek humor :D

all kidding aside, if I can help you out, just let me know!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts