Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello sledders....I am interested in getting some answers on a standard 79 el tigre 6000 I bought. The sticker on the water pump CASING reads AF4-4L1 and there is 818B23 stamped on the cylinders, ( read without glasses ) The compression is 118 on both sides, but it is no real power house like it should be. Could it possible be detuned to 56 hp for cross country racing in its day . I am not sure how these sleds would have been detuned to race in this class so any help would be appreciated.....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whith that build date the nearest 440 liquid would be the 85 pantera. I put coils in for the 79 el tigre but today they blew with almost o miles on them, should i be looking for coils for the lesser hp motor like the pantera,is the magneto different as far as charging. It has on the cylinders 818b23,,af44l1 water pump casing and f44-100794 on the crankcase.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arctic cat af4-4l1

I THINK THE AF4-4L1 IS THE CORRECT ENGINE FOR THE 79 EL TIGRE 6000 OR AF4-4L2 BUT THE CYLINDERS 818B23 MAY NOT BE A MATCH FOR THE 79, IS THIS WERE YOU GET THE BUILD DATE `` 1982`` AND HP RATING of 56 FROM. if i am running the less hp spirit engine would that change the coils too use.......dumb questions but i have to ask :dunno:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts