Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I am new to this forum, but it seems like it's a lot of expertise here :)

I just got my hands on an 90 exciter 570p and have managed to get it running by changing the starter pulley rope and using some startgas in the vents.

This sled is just for "fun" and will be used a little now and then, but still I recon it might be wise do some maint on it.

Could you please point out what is the critical parts that needs to be checked on these sleds by terms of greasing, tightening etc..

Best regards

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
for one, any type of ether is bad on the engine as a starting aid.

first and foremost would be to make sure the carbs are clean.

off the top of my head there are 3 grease zirks in the skid and one on each steering knuckle on the struts. use low temp grease. any other pivot points you can use spray lubricant
check the fluid levels in the cooling system and the chaincase.
check the chain tension.
since its a new to you sled, simply take the time to check every nut and bolt you can get your hands on and tighten.
check the track tension as well as the alignment.
make sure the clutches are clean and confirm condition of the wear components.
check the condition of the hyfax on the rails as well as the wear bars on the skis.
thats just a start, hopefully others will add to the list.

·
Registered
315 Posts
you might want to look pretty close to steering and the cooling system as well as what others have suggested . make sure your links on the tss (front suspension) are operating properly, check vaccum line and hoses, as those to apt to desintigrate over the years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts