Snowmobile Forum banner

Crankshaft position sensor 2410269

1K views 15 replies 3 participants last post by  Coolhand 
#1 ·
Hei klarer ikke å få tak i denne delen hverken i Norge eller USA, har noen en til salgs fra en skrotet skuter, polaris frontier touring 4 takt 2004, eller en ide om jeg kan bruke en annen palbrodin@gmail.com

#4 ·
Thanks, sadly those were not exactly popular over here that frontier engine. They didn't make them very long either iirc. Your best bet is to call some salvage yards here in the states like Al's Snowmobiles and what not. There used to be a link in the used parts area for that stuff. Also I would try at Polaris Star Forums as well. Link below! Good luck!

#5 ·
Also can you do me a favor? Do you have the old one out sitting? If so take a few pictures of it and post them. Polaris didn't make those sensors usually they took them from another source and made them work. I know on the 500 EFI's some of them came from Nissan and so on. Same with the fuel filters as well. If you have some pictures maybe I can find some numbers on it or find another source for it other then Polaris.

Looks to be a Bosch Sensor possibly if you can find the Bosch number on it you should be able to get just that for much cheaper.

edit: Also give me the year and model of the Polaris this is going to. I can call a friend at a dealership and possibly at Polaris themselves if I can get hold of my friend there to see if they updated the numbers or have a solution no guarantees though

#8 ·
Thanks for taking interest, I will try everywhere, go into detail research in northern Norway, Sweden and Finland, in worst case I have to trash the scouter, because of lack of a 50-100$ worth cranck spear part from Polaris taken out of production. If anyone have a suggestion for a an other cranck shaft with a different production number for equal replacement, please let me know. Paul

#13 ·
Code for check engine light says failure of cranck shaft sensor. Impossible to start the engine, no spark from the plugs all symptoms match with cranck sensor failure, will check for bad connection, and take the sensor out, send pictures next week. The snowmobile has been with a Polaris dealer in Sweden for repair, they said nothing could be done because they could not get hold of the sensor, what a shame for Polaris

#15 ·
I sprayed the connecting plug with oxide cleaner, and it started immediately, but the check engine light is still on, I await for snow conditions to see if it is a periodic failure or if the cranck sensor is cured. Thanks for all your support 🙂, I have learned a lot about this sensor and spent a lot of time to find it and the connections. I will take it out for pictures If I still have problems when the season starts, regards Paul

#16 ·
You might have to have the code cleared by the dealership. IF it has a battery pull the connections on that for at least 30 minutes then reconnect it. I wouldn't bother running it till it is at least below 40 degrees F otherwise it might throw a code for too warm or overheating & that would be a bad thing to happen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.