Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a 89 phazer and rebuilt the motor, secondary clutch, replaced the primary clutch, and the breaks, belt and track. I want to set it up a little better for the trails so a high top speed really isn't that important to me. I want it to be a little quicker in the trails. I have 96 studs on it, and am thinking about installing a stiffer clutch spring, but what do you guys that have phazers set up for trail riding run as gears in your crankcase, and does it really help it out much? I just want it to pull a little harder coming out of corners and up hills. I appreciate any help, and safe riding.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can I use the same chain if I drop down a tooth or do I need to change it. I think you could make up for the one less tooth with the chain tensioner, but I'm not real sure.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well it had 23 teeth on the top and 41 teeth on the bottom so I picked up a 21 tooth because the parts dept couldn't find me a 22. I have it all in, and the chain seems to fit good still, no extra movement or anything. I haven't drove it yet, but in the day light tomorrow I will check and see how she runs out. Thanks for the advice, and I look forward to lots of good info from this forum!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took it for a nice test run and it performed way better on the trail, it pulls great out of corners and up hills, I also took it on the lake, and I didnt loose to much spped really, It would do about 80 before I changed the gears, and I can get it up to 75 so thats a bonus, but its a real good trail sled now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.