Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yes it can and should be replaced asap due to fact it can cause alot of damage like causing you to run lean, taking in debris, etc

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
it will blow a motor in a hurry replace them asap.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya im replacing them. any ideas on how far to turn the fuel screw out? (not the air/fuel one) air/fuel should be about 1to 2 turns out. as for the fuel screw i have no clue?

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
you should only have 2 on there to turn out. the air and idle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya there a little skinny one n a bigger one with a spring, is the bigger one for the idle then? n the skinny one has to be turned 1 to 2 turns out from snug?

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
yes that is right. start at 1 turn out then adjust from there. with the air screw

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok thanks alot much appreciated i didnt know the bigger one was the idle screw. should be easy to do now. with KnN filters n a mbrp can on a 98 skidoo mach 1 700 triple i shouldnt have to do any re-jetting should i? im hoping not as i am not good with carbs. haha

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
i would say yes to rejetting with both of them. plug gap i'm not sure.

·
Rick
3,070 Posts
not sure i'm not good with that. but if you have them on already them run it and look at the plugs. if they look good then no jetting is needed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
alright thanks! just got it put back together tonight. to late to run it so im gonna try tune it in in the mornin. thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well got it tuned in boots replaced n sounds good with the can. air screw about 2 turns out plugs look ok ready to do some ridin sick of workin on the thing had to put a new track on couple weeks ago. but anyway thanks for the help wouldnt of known otherwise!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Plug gap is 0.018", will need to go bigger on main jets for sure. Start at least 2 sizes bigger than stock and do plug and piston wash checks. Raise the needle one grove as well, with K&N's temp seems to have a bigger effect on jetting as well. Remember its better and cheaper to be a bit rich rather than lean.

Dave

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well i got the plugs at .020 n someone else said .025 to .028? n sum 1 said .020, as for the jetting i dont think it needs it it seems to run good n plugs look good. but im gonna doo a little ridin n check all the plugs again to make sure. shes got some snort thats for sure. what does raising the needle 1 notch do? lil confused when it comes to jets n needles. if i cant get it dialed in with the air/fuel screw then i know i will have to do some jetting.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts