Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2009 Ski-Doo Summit 800 Yell?w

$2960 for a 2009 summit with 32 miles? i emailed the guy asking if the price is true and if theres anything wrong with it. if it really is only 3k then im telling my parents that ill sell my sled and wheeler to get this. but i feel like theres somthen wrong or the guy cant type

·
Live to ride
2,682 Posts
I doubt it is legit, most likley a scam.

E-mail him a little bit and see what he says, but more than likely the sled is in a different state and he will pay shipping and you just have to send 2960.

He is probly in the military too, and possibly recently divorced.

Scams make me sick.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
absolute scam... first tipoff is that it is entirely 1 image. NO text on that page. You know that same image has been uploaded to many different cl's, and it makes it hard to search for it on to see it is a duplicate.

·
ride till your broke
2,560 Posts
jeez. that sled could have a blown motor and
you prob couldnt get it for that price.
what a scam.:mad:
i wonder how many people sent money to him.

·
Reverend Dennis
786 Posts
Sorry to say, but if anyone fell for it, then its on them! People have to learn to READ, actually pay attention to the add and the emails, Broken English is almost 99% of the time a scam!

Credit card companies need to make a CBT for anyone that wants to use their cc online to buy ANYTHING, have it explain what the signs are, give examples etc of the scams. protect themselves and educate the comment guy! If they dont do the CBT they can not use the credit card/debit card online period!

Also if it seems to good, it is! Period!

Also when you run across an add on Cl like this and you know its scam, be proactive and flag the damn thing!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the guy emailed me saying that yes this is the price and we could met up and hed show me but i emailed him back and i said i would like more pics and asked why he is selling. and i wouldn't send money i would go there in person. i know its a scam but if its not and just need a top end or somthen i might go look at it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
dont email these scammers!

all they are looking for is a live email address which you just provided so they can spam you.

I am an administrator of a large fishing website and I know all the tricks...(well, most of them anyways...)

·
Reverend Dennis
786 Posts
the guy emailed me saying that yes this is the price and we could met up and hed show me but i emailed him back and i said i would like more pics and asked why he is selling. and i wouldn't send money i would go there in person. i know its a scam but if its not and just need a top end or somthen i might go look at it.
Please stop! its a Scam You know its a scam, there were three other ads linked, as well as a report on it!

its thoughts like your last sentence that get you! There is NO SLED! People HAVE to start to learn!!!!!!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
outlander, the donkey is yours. send me $3000 in unmarked bills and the donkey will be waiting for you at the entrance to Oz. For an extra $200 I will let him fly himself to your house. Send money first then you can tell me how you want him sent.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Please stop! its a Scam You know its a scam, there were three other ads linked, as well as a report on it!

its thoughts like your last sentence that get you! There is NO SLED! People HAVE to start to learn!!!!!!!

yup its a scam no doubt i was just maken sure. this is what he sent me

"I appreciate your interest regarding my Ski-Doo Summit.
I will sell it for $2,960.00. The price includes shipping and insurance to your address.
Let me know if you are interested."

This guy needs to be smarter he said that hes gona ship it. I asked to where i live 30 minutes away from where you said you are.:cheeky4:
what a dub

·
Registered
197 Posts
congrats on being added to his live spammers list!!!

and since you must have clicked on the email link instead of the normal CL email link since there is none, you may have downloaded a virus, trojan horse, malware or some other crap.

hopefully you did not do that too

I would do a complete virus scan

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Hey Michigan Brian if you know most all the secrets, what is the best way to catch catfish in a bucket? Same chance of that happening as getting that sled! I have run across so many of these adds on my local craigs list. Just remeber if its to good to be true, it will probably cost you alot in the end!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.