Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i was ridding to my friends and i decided to speed up..around 80 i was going and all of a sudden my 02 summit 700 shut down and i couldent pull it over....so i messed with the clutch and turned it a few times and went to statrt it up and it started and ran just fine for a couple miles. then the same happend again so i missed with the clutch again and it when i started it this time it ran off only one cylinder so i though well maybe it was just a fauled plug! so i rode it to my friends put new plugs in and still only one cylinder..couple days later i went back did a compression cheak on the cylinders and the left clutch side one had 100 comp and the other had 0....so this i brough it to a friend and he looked it over and said there was no hole in the cylinder and that it had a broker crank...but its hard to belive he even looked at it because i could obviously see no sighn of takeing any head bolts off or anything when i looked at the sled when i got it back! so i left my sled at another friends house for a week or so and decided to haul it home today so when i did that i started it to get it on truck and still only running off one cylinder...so when we got to my house to unload it i decided to piss around on my yard quick and all of a sudden it started workin just perfect again both cylinders running and all :D.....so if any one knows what could be goin on with this plz help i am soo confused...i am not going to take it out untill i get it looked at even tho its running just fine because im scared the same thing mite happen then befor...so any suggestions will help thanks a lot guys!!!!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
seems like if the crank was completely broke and it did start it wldnt be able to move because it wldnt transfer the power to the pto side... you say u tried a new plug and didnt help maybe ther was a blockage in the carb like it iced up

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah that mite have been the prob cuz like when i went to look under the hood when i stoped at my friends the air box was disconected so that mite have had something to do with it....but when i rode it today it seemed like it would red line faster like something could be wrong with the clutch??
:/

·
Registered
350 Posts
hopefully just somthing stupid and not serious id just ride it like you stole it, thats what im about to do as soon as the girl gets home from work and takes over te baby dutys

·
Registered
24 Posts
sounds like a piston to me i have the same exact problem and i called my machenic today he said ive been runnin one piston. not sure if i need new seals or cylinders but he's lookin right now...ive gad the same prob. i can go fire it up and it'll work and as soon as i go shreddin it bogs down and dies.. so sounds like a piston to me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts