Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Z1 lxr
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like standing alot more then i do sitting, until i get tired.

my handlebars are to low, i cant stand very well, so i was thinking i need a little raise in my handlebars.

is there a good amount to do this, will i need to get new cables?

were would i buy the cables(link)

should i custom make the raisers?( my dad owns a machine shop), or should i just buy them.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
How high you want them is totally up to the rider. I have a 2" on my ZR, but I'm thinking of going up to 4". My son has a 3" on his XC, and he is thinking about going down to 2". Some people use hockey pucks to space them up; that way you can do it cheap and put in another or remove one as required. If I had a milling machine, I'd definitely make my own; they're pretty simple.

·
Registered
537 Posts
i would find out how how u want to go. But if you go to high u have to buy the pivot piece to go along with it. Or i would suggest a set of ROX adjustable risers the go from like 2-4" and also have 4-8" and u dont have to have a pivot to use them. Just look up rox risers on ebay. you can also find a throttle cable extension on ebay, or call your local dealer for the cable, and also need a brake hose extension

·
Registered
6 Posts
i would definately make your own bar riser. Not only can you customize height but different angles. I made it out of flat bar steel and it worked out great. As for height you can usually get away with 2-3 inches with out extensions.

·
Registered
2010 Z1 lxr
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i can make the risers no problem, ive looked at it.

but the cost's off all the extentions seems like its going to be alot for just higher handle bars

1 - 5 of 5 Posts