Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my local Canadian Tire today and a 1 gallon jug of Shell snowmobile oil was $20.86. Just curious what the going rate is in the USA? I live just under 1 hour from Port Huron MI and usually buy my motor oil for my vehicles at Walmart because it's about 1/2 the price of what is costs here. I would assume that snowmobile oil is the same but I've never thought to look.

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I was at my local Canadian Tire today and a 1 gallon jug of Shell snowmobile oil was $20.86. Just curious what the going rate is in the USA? I live just under 1 hour from Port Huron MI and usually buy my motor oil for my vehicles at Walmart because it's about 1/2 the price of what is costs here. I would assume that snowmobile oil is the same but I've never thought to look.
That is actually a VERY good price, even here in the states. I pay $26 for full synthetic penzoil at walmart, if you go with a branded dealer oil it is more in most cases, otherwise bargain basement stuff will be under $20.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is actually a VERY good price, even here in the states. I pay $26 for full synthetic penzoil at walmart, if you go with a branded dealer oil it is more in most cases, otherwise bargain basement stuff will be under $20.
That's surprising. I would have thought it would be cheaper. I usually pay $28 for a gallon of Mobil 1 long drain synthetic at Walmart in Port Huron. The same stuff in Canada is nearly $50 per gallon.

I didn't think to look at the price of synthetic snowmobile oil here but I bet it's probably in the $35 per gallon range.

Dave

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually my mistake...

I just had a look at the Canadian Tire website. It's the "Motomater" (Canadian Tire's own brand) that is $20.99. Shell non-syn is $29.99. Shell full Syn is $44.99.

I guess I'll be adding some snowmobile oil to my shopping list for the next time I make a trip state side.

Dave

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
go with a jasco rating its twice as good as tcw3
the JASCO spec is developed for air cooled/high heat engines. It would be a poor choice for most liquid cooled snowmobiles. It might be twice as good for those engines though...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Amsoil Interceptor=$52......Polaris Gold=$45........ 3sleds and a lot of riding=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Putting the sled away in one piece at the END of the season= PRICELESS!!

·
Need Snow!!!!!
427 Posts
Amsoil Interceptor=$52......Polaris Gold=$45........ 3sleds and a lot of riding=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Putting the sled away in one piece at the END of the season= PRICELESS!!
I just bought 2 gall of Polaris VES gold pure synthetic. Cost me $93 when all was said and done. $43.99 a gallon. I used plain Mystic oil in my 500, only costs about $15 a gallon.

·
twins rule!
370 Posts
SORRY dude, I should have gave full details in my last post. MYSTIC makes a FULL synthetic 2cycle high performance snowmobile engine oil that is recommended for bot air+liquid-cooled engines by skidoo-poloaris-arctic cat+Yamaha meets both TC+JASCO FC+FD rateings + is ONLY 18.00 a GAL. at Farm+Fleet . I also used Polaris VES gold before this+ it is only TC3 rated + seemed to smell worse to me, was thicker+ did not clean the valves as well.

·
Registered
315 Posts
29$ a gallon for polaris semi synthetic
36$ a gallon for ski doo semi synthetic
around here !! 31$ if you bring your own jug and get it from the drum :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Klotz full Synthetic (TC-W3) - $50.26

·
Sled Of The Month Judge
2,819 Posts
Yamalube here in Michigan is $27.99. Though at one Rip-off dealer, they charge $35, for the same thing.

·
Registered
427 Posts
WalMart Super Tech is what I use in my 93 and only $11 gal.

Just bought another gallon. I think the pour point is colder than negative 20 degrees. If it gets much below 0 F., I'm not riding.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts