Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I NEED help. I have a 1996 indy 600xc XLT tripple. The problem is when i go out to ride after a few passes up and down a field it starts spitting coolent out of the overflow tank. I have no clew why. I had the head tested and it test 130 comp for each head and i also had a liquid flow test done and it did not lost any pressure. I then made sure that there was no air in the system by lifting the front of the sled. I am out of ideas.... Please help if you can
thanks

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
HAve you replaced the coolant cap? They are pressure regulated and if they poop out, it can overflow. Cheap fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check the threads around the top of the coolant jug. My buddies 2002 XC 600 kept losing coolant and we realized the plastic jug was molded wrong at the factory. Instead of the top being a perfect circle for the cap to screw onto it was oval shaped so the cap was not sealing tight. Hope this helps!!

Phil

·
Registered
18 Posts
The cylinder is warped you will need to remove it and have it machined or install aftermarket heads with individual o-rings.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
jak said:
The cylinder is warped you will need to remove it and have it machined or install aftermarket heads with individual o-rings.
You'd probably be fouling plugs if the cylinder was warped.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts