Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day, all,
I have an aluminum trailer that I use for my ATVs and I wanted to use it for my new (studded tracks) snowmobiles.
I was thinking of dropping plywood on the deck and adding traction mats & rails so that could use the same trailer. I don't plan at this point to do a lot of trailering with the sleds as my house is located near great trails. Truthfully, this is mostly for the first time pick-up from the dealer but who knows in the future. Here is a picture of the trailer / the ramp had broken off and has since been rewelded. Thanks in advance for any feedback you can offer. Cheers!
Grille Road surface Infrastructure Plant Wood

· Administrator
19,927 Posts
That will work. They do make ski tie-downs where a bar spanning both skis bolts to the deck so the front is very stationary. There used to be a few companies that made them, but now all I see online are the pretty expensive ones. The clamps are a bit more convenient, but if you ratchet front and back, you should be fine.

· Registered
27,907 Posts
I agree you can buy ski guides or cut a truck bed cover
And no on plywood, just bolt rubber!
As for tie downs if you locate where you can simply drill a 1/2 hole in center
Then a square of steel with a nut welded in center hole and then 2 or 4 holes in corners to bolt it up from bottom!
I use 1/2 x 8" eye bolts with just a piece of unistrut across the skis
and even same at back for a rear strap!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.