Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '79 AC Pantera 500 that has a bent crank. After >1 yr of passive searching, I ran across a '80 AC Panther 440 that had a good engine w/ a bad clutch, bad cover, seat, etc...perfect match!

I do not want to utilize the oil injection pump on the engine. I want to mix the gas as I'm already mixing gas for my other ditch jumper.

My question is, what do I do about the oil injector "pump" on the side of the engine ?.... do I simply disengage it from the carbuerator & plug the pumps inlet connetion to the oil bottle?

I think the injector went bad or ran low on oil or ? to kill the first engine......I'd just as soon not study the little hose & try to see if theres oil flowing or not when its dark & cold.....

Thanks for any feedback....!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would just plug any hoses to and from the oil injection pump so there is no chance of contaminating anything. disingauge the pump and run ur mixed fuel. you'll be good to go

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Check out Brown's parts diagrams (Google "browns arctic cat"). Some engines list a plate which covers the oil pump opening.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts