Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A co-worker of mine for 15yrs is selling his 02 XC 600 SP w/ factory M-10 suspension. It's Blue & yellow w/ no ES or REV. ALWAYS stored indoors & insanely CLEAN & WELL maintained.... I forget the mileage :dunno: Full price is $2300

I kinda REALLY got my heart set on it, yet lack of rev. and SOO many other deals out there w/ "hard up" people.

ANY thoughts or opinions????

·
2011 800 Pro R Rush Retro
260 Posts
after riding my buddies 800rev with reverse it sure was hard to go back to my old tripple without reverse....its a tank to move around.....i think the price your co-worker is asking is fair but if it were me i would hold out till you find one with reverse

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
after riding my buddies 800rev with reverse it sure was hard to go back to my old tripple without reverse....its a tank to move around.....i think the price your co-worker is asking is fair but if it were me i would hold out till you find one with reverse

Funny as it's my downstairs house mates 800 rev also that got me say dang reverse is freakin SWEET........

I do really trust the co-worker this comes from and WHY it makes hard to scout out other sleds in person. Plus I only gotta "pay up"$1700 for the said sled due to another co-worker whom I'm best friends w/was gonna buy it and gave a $500 deposit on it and now cant afford the sled and is willing to "wash out" what he paid IF "I'm" the one who gets the sled as he already has another sled to ride AND we're just good friends

·
2011 800 Pro R Rush Retro
260 Posts
if you trust your co worker and know the machine its prob better to buy that sled...you may run a chance at getting a used lemon with reverse........reverse is nice but we did without it for the longest time.....not the end of the world

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
not that hard to swap out chain cases. You can add on reverse for around $100 worth of parts (estimate) and a little time.

Knowing how it was maintained and the history of the sled is a HUGE bonus in buying a sled.

·
Registered
427 Posts
not that hard to swap out chain cases. You can add on reverse for around $100 worth of parts (estimate) and a little time.

Knowing how it was maintained and the history of the sled is a HUGE bonus in buying a sled.
Bingo!

You could have someone else install the reverse for that price, and still get a good deal.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I "heard" that reverse could be added on BUT was really sure "what" it involved:confused:

Thanks for the advice everyone, I just might be hanging around the Polaris forum a lot more real soon.:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.