Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
im just wondering why you didnt like your prox700?

·
Registered
149 Posts
recall

i just heard that they are stopping production on the fusions because they are shattering jack shafts and they are recalling everysingle fusion that has been sold thats just what i have heard, thought i would let u guys know

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
has that been officially released? i doubt theyd discontinue the sled. every other sled has major problems its first year in distribution.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i was at the dealer last week and while i was standing there a fax came in and it said STOP SALES IMEDIATLY ON ALL FUSIONS !!!!!!!!! and it said that all production is being held up right now and that they have to recall all of the fusions they have sold so far also.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
finally we will have a new main page on the site when the press release is issued, if it is true. no new information on polarisindustries.com yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PROX 700

REASON I DIDNT LIKE THE SLED, CANT GET IT TO GO GOOD. FROM 85 TO110 I GET SMOKED, I HAVE SLP EVERYTHING.

·
I am Spartacus
23,863 Posts
They're not stopping sales of the fusions, just recalling ones within certain serial numbers. If the dealer does not have any within those numbers, he can sell them. There were 2 that broke jackshafts, so they're recalling the ones that used that lot of shafts. The Polaris dealer in central NH had the service bulletin.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
wierd. taht thing should move

·
Registered
217 Posts
what year is it because the 04 prox 700 has the det crap on it i have a 03 700 stock and it beats my 02 xc800 with a clutch kit to about a hundred then the 800 will pull about 2 sled lengths thats about it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
04 PRO

THE SLED GOES GOOD , BUT NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I PULL MY FRIENDS F7. AND MY FRIENDS REV 800, TILL ABOUT 80 THEN THERE GONE. AND MY SLED GETS TO 110. AND THE TACH READS 8000.

·
Registered
217 Posts
i really dont think these sleds are geared for topend like the rev and firecat you raced they are more of getting out of the whole fast and banging out of a turn if your beating an f7 to 80 that is awesome because those things are stupid fast and the gears in a prox are different then those in an xc so if you want that topend change your gears but then you will lose that take off hard decision

·
Registered
67 Posts
shepy04,you are correct they are in the process of changeing the driveshaft's on all the Fusion's due to breakage.Then they will sell them.There not suppose to put them up for sell till this is changed.

·
Registered
228 Posts
the drive shaft problem was a vendor problem not a polaris problem, i guess it's fixed now though.,

as far as the pro x 700 goes your running a lil too high rpm too, that and the sleds with the decompression on them bleed off a lil compression on top end i would send the cylinders to SLP and have them pluged. and send the CDI out and have it reprogrammed, that sled will rip.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm far from an expert on sleds, expecially your Prox 700 but I have done a lot of research lately and a lot of acceleration and top end seems to revolve around clutching.

Get your clutching set up correctly and you'll have both the acceleration AND top end (assuming you have the HP to pull it). I dropped a note to SLP tech and they gave me the recommended helix and spring for aggressive trail riding for my exact machine and application. I would bet that if you told them that your acceleration was good but you wanted more top end..and told them all of your mods and gearing..they could set you up with everything you would need to beat your friends. Helix's, weights and springs are CHEAP, compared to pipes, dynoing, porting, head work, etc.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Clutching is the key.There are endless combination's you could run but you have to find what work's for you.I'm big into lake racing and I have beat many a bigger sled with my 700 due to the clutching.Granted I'm making some good HP but it's a waste if your clutching's not right.

·
"It's Only Money"
310 Posts
confused

smallengineguy, any idea on the specific serial numbers? Bud of mine snow checked a Fusion. Not sure if he received it yet though. Speaking of this guy, he has all muscle sleds. The last 800 Triple, I think 03, maybe 02. Has to have the biggest badest sled. In the Storm days, he had a new one every year or when Polaris upgraded something. Looking forward to getting on my new 600 XC Anniv. OB

1 - 19 of 19 Posts