Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to take my new sled out for a ride (new to me). Its a 95 XCR 600 triple. It has 2700 original miles on it. Bought it from my aunt, and it hasnt been ridden alot in the past 2 years. I have been havin carb issues with it latley and wanted to see what it did on the trails before i did anything else. Well long story short the sled did great, still having starting problems but other than that i have no complaints with it. I pulled the crankcase dipstick and it was white and milky, coolant looks a little low, but could it be condensation from sittin so long??? I had a similar problem with a car i used to own. should i change the crankcase oil? or should i invest in a head gasket? Im not sure what to do with it at the moment, and dont really have alot of experience with these 2 strokes. Any advise would be sweet

·
Alex
3,385 Posts
are you referring to the chaincase? If so, then yes. It is good maintenance to change chaincase oil once in a while. Being that it's a two stroke, it doesn't have 'crankcase' oil, as it has no oil pan at all (or dipstick for that matter). The only 'dipstick' that I can think of is the one going into the chaincase. And if it's milky, you need to change it.

Coolant should be green, and not milky (or even close to milky, more watery). Completely different subject from what could tell you're getting at.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts