Snowmobile Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I first joined & posted to this forum just a couple of months ago, just after I'd bought my first sled - a Polaris Indy Sport 440 GT - while it was still in the shop getting tuned up for the season.... Well I finally got it back about 2 weeks ago & had it out on the trails a total of about 3 times before managing to completely blow up the chain case. :( Of course it being an older sled, these are no longer available from Polaris; so I've been searching desperately for a used complete chain case "assembly," with Reverse. Thought I'd post on here again & see if I might get a line on one... Actually some of the gear sprockets, the chain itself, & shaft appear to be okay; however to replace the entire kit & kaboddle would probably be the best thing. If anyone could help me out or give me a linr on where I could locate this/these part/s, I'd sure appreciate it! Please respond to this thread or email me (w/ contact #), at: [email protected] Thanks for any help anyone might be able to offer!

Again, this is for a 1992 Polaris Indy Sport 440 GT. Fan cooled.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have a chain case for a '92 ?? I noticed you're parting out a '94 Indy, on here... Would that fit/work on an earlier model sled? I'm not sure. ...But, in any case, I guess I much prefer to sit back & see if I can't find one with reverse. Thanks for your help anyway.

·
Administrator
19,291 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Dan. Spoke with Chris @ Al's this morning - before getting on the forum actually - he said they have the cover (housing) for the chain case assembly I need, but that's it. That might could help a bit; but I know there's at least one gear sprocket that got blown to bits as well. Chris couldn't help me there. Thanks for the suggestiong though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just spoke with a fellow in Northern MI who has a chain case WITH reverse, off of a '94 or possibly '95 Indy Sport... is not sure whether this would fit/work with my sled. I do know, I've been able to locate a few of these cases WITHOUT reverse - & my mechanic said Polaris often used some engine parts interchangably year-to-year. So I'm wondering if this '94 chain case wouldn't work? Can anybody render an "expert opinion" ??

·
Registered
1 Posts
1992 polaris indy trail deluxe - reverse chain case

:dunno:Hi there:dunno:

I have had a simalar problem and struggling to find a lead, I'm looking for a reverse chain case for a 1992 polaris indy trail deluxe. I believe the one im looking for is off a 92 Sport GT or a 92 Lite GT as shown below on the link.

wouldn't mind a case without reverse in the mean time to get up and running again but hoping for the one shown to keep the brake caliper mounting the same.

Thanks any help or suggestions would be greatly apprieciated.
I have tried Als but no luck there.

http://parts.polarisind.com/Assemblies.asp

Feel free to email me at [email protected]

Thanks once again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.