Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else run into that problem before?? im assuming i got the cheap stuff thats a PAIN to work with.. its blue.. feels a little plastic-y... its in a coil in the package.. but i need a lenght thats as straight as can be.. to replace the in tank fuel pick-up section thats due... ive trie heating it up gently with a hair dryer... its uncoiling.. but only very slightly..ideas?? my next step it buying another section of proper hose

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
You need to use Tygon in the gas tank or it will just rot away in a season or two. Tygon is the only stuff made to be immersed in gasoline.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Also there should be a weighted fuel filter at the end of it so it stays in the lowest spot of the gas tank.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also there should be a weighted fuel filter at the end of it so it stays in the lowest spot of the gas tank.
i have that little widget yes.. but the hose i have now.. even then its staying coiled up and wont be of any use once the fuel level goes down below half id guess.. Tygon hose huh.. ok.. maybe the previous owner neglected that and ... guess whos fixing it! lol it look fragile when i extracted it from the tank.. and when i gave it a test squeeze.. it totally failed on me sooo..

·
Registered
25,809 Posts
Welcome
Wrong hose for in the tank, that will dissolve!
Go buy 2 ft of the correct hose and it wont matter if it coils as long as the pick up is on end!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited by Moderator)
The blue stuff is garbage.
yuppers lol ya live ya learn right.. glad to hear im not the only one who thinks that

Welcome
Wrong hose for in the tank, that will dissolve!
Go buy 2 ft of the correct hose and it wont matter if it coils as long as the pick up is on end!
ok thanks.. ill stop trying to uncoil it now lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
On the yellow tygon hose, you can buy it at napa by the foot. but it cheaper at amazon. I believe the fitting sizes are 1/4" but i have always used 3/16th hose to get a super tight fit on the thru tank fitting especially. To get this size hose on the larger fittings I heat the ends in very hot water to soften. I assume a hair dryer would also work, by doing it this way you get a nice tight fit. The blue stuff can be used for fuel pump to carb connections, it generally ok for a few years. like others have said, never use it for intank purposes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts