Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,076 Posts
What is your sled doing that you want to improve?

Sometimes just replacing the springs that are worn brings back a lot of performance that has diminished over time. Rebuilding the primary and secondary can also help a bunch, too.

You could also get a clutch kit from a reputable seller, such as EPI. I've used their stuff in the past with great results. They have different kits for different types of riding and were great to talk to when I talked to them a bunch of years ago...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t like how the owner before me clutched it, it’s got way to much snap of the start I have a good track but I cannot get it to bite in. It tourques out too much at the start and it doesn’t have much top end.

·
Super Moderator
17,076 Posts
You will probably have to pull the exhaust and the chaincase to look at which sprockets you have. Compare those to the stock ones and then you can make a decision on what you will need to do to get the performance you want.

If the sprockets are not numbered, count the number of teeth on the top and the bottom as well as the links of the chain. Post the results so folks can weigh in on what works for them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts