Snowmobile Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Would someone be able to tell me the function of the clutch screws that are labelled 1-6 on the primary clutch. And what I should set them at to achieve maximum performance out of my 2000 MXZ 700?

Right now they are set at 4??

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
30 Posts
(found the cross-post! :))

I am not super familiar with the newer sleds (such as yours), but if it is using the Rotax TRA (Total Range Adjustable) clutch, the 3 bolts that you are referring to adjust the "character" of the clutch. They change the engagement RPM of the clutch, the top end RPM, and the backshift reponse. 4 seems to be a common setting. I don't remember which way causes more engagement RPM and I didn't take any time to research this. You can play with them to see the changes that they make. Just be sure to always have all three in the same position.

This might help a little:
http://www.snowgoercanada.com/service_clutch.shtml

HTH

·
Registered
33 Posts
The calibration screws adjust engine maximum rpm by changing the ramp end position. Each number modifies maximum engine rpm by about 200 rpm....higher number higher rpm... they will not change engagement rpm..always set the numbers the same , and as low as posible ..as long as you don't lose rpm......Jari

1 - 3 of 3 Posts